Good Day Café: Gifford's offers 6 new ice cream flavors this season
It’s a sure sign of spring when Gifford's Ice Cream stands open.
Gifford's Ice Cream stopped by the Good Day Café with the six new flavors they are introducing this season.
The new flavors include:
- Blueberry Oat Crumble: A frozen yogurt featuring cinnamon oat clusters dropped into low-fat vanilla yogurt striped with Gifford’s homemade Maine wild blueberry ripple.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter: The company’s award winning World’s Best Chocolate is the star of this new flavor, wrapping around a yummy peanut butter ripple.
- Moo-slide: A rich, velvety coffee-liqueur ice cream base with a fudge ripple and melty, dark chocolate morsels.
- Power Play Fudge: Crushed chocolate cookies in a golden vanilla ice cream full of fudge-filled chocolate pucks and crossed with a milk-fudge ribbon.
- Southern Peach: Diced peaches submerged in peach ice cream make this new flavor simply sublime.
- Superhero: Red, blue and yellow make this vanilla a treat for the eyes as well as the taste buds.
Gifford’s will open its five family-owned ice cream stands Friday and will treat customers to a free small (2 scoop) cone at each stand from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Maine’s Ice Cream Season Opening Day begins at noon at the Auburn, Skowhegan and Waterville stands and at 11 a.m. at the Bangor and Farmington stands.