MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Family displaced after fire in Wilton

WGME

A Wilton family is sleeping elsewhere tonight, after a fire burns through their home.

Four fire departments responded to the call at 1367 Main St. around 2:00 this afternoon.

Wilton Fire Chief Sonny Dunham tells CBS 13 the first started in the bathroom before spreading to the kitchen.

A mother and two children were inside the home at the time of the fire. According to the fire chief, they had to crawl out on their hands and knees because of the smoke.

The fire chief says the crews had no trouble knocking down the fire, despite the below freezing temperatures.

The house is not a total loss, only two rooms were heavily damaged -- but the family is staying somewhere else tonight.

Chief Dunham says he does not know the cause of the fire. He has asked state fire marshals to investigate.

Trending